|⅛ teaspoon||black pepper|
|4||chicken breasts (organic, boned, skinless, 5 oz)|
|1 tablespoon||vegetable oil|
|½ cup||marsala wine(dry)|
|½ cup||chicken stock|
|½ cup||mushrooms (sliced)|
|1 tablespoon||fresh parsley (chopped)|
1. Mix together pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
3. To the skillet, add marsala wine and stir until the wine is heated. Add chicken stock, and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced.
4. Return browned chicken breasts to skillet, add 1 table spoon of butter and mix sauce over the chicken.
5. Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
6. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Yield: 4 servings